- Responsibilities include oversight of chairs coordinating cultural appreciation events.
- During VP tenure established and co-found:
- A series of workshops that allowed attendants to investigate the role of arts in activism in social justice movements.
- A student-facilitated discussion series that gives biomedical graduate students a forum to talk about the various impacts of their identities on their perspectives and daily interactions.
- “Reading the Rainbow” a journal club invested in discussing primary research on and influencing multiculturalism in academia.
Community Outreach Chair 2014-2016
- Part of administrative leadership team that plans bi-annual course and workshop enrichment weekends to over 2,000 middle and high school students.
- As chair of community outreach I help ensure that the program is made accessible to students from first-gen/low-income and underrepresented backgrounds by establishing and coordinating partnerships with existing programs and schools around the San Francisco Bay Area that cater to underprivileged communities.
- Regular panelist in student-run outreach workshops discussing and promoting safe environments for LGBTQ identified trainees in labs as well as on sessions investigating the intersection of socioeconomic class and LGBTQ identities.
- Participant in in mentoring initiative Stanford to provide awareness, mentorship and support to individuals self-identified as Latino.
- Mentored three Stanford undergraduate freshman majoring in product design and biology. We held monthly meetings during which provided academic advice and actively monitored his transition into Stanford University.
- Participant in inaugural initiative at Stanford to provide awareness, mentorship and support to individuals self-identified as first generation college students or from a low-income household.
- Mentored three Stanford undergraduate freshmen pursuing studies in symbolic systems. We held quarterly meetings where I connected my mentees, interested in pursuing graduate research in computational neuroscience, with relevant academic and network resources.