- Responsibilities include oversight of chairs coordinating cultural appreciation events.
- During VP tenure established and co-found:
- A series of workshops that allowed attendants to investigate the role of arts in activism in social justice movements.
- A student-facilitated discussion series that gives biomedical graduate students a forum to talk about the various impacts of their identities on their perspectives and daily interactions.
- “Reading the Rainbow” a journal club invested in discussing primary research on and influencing multiculturalism in academia.
Community Outreach Chair 2014-2016
- Part of administrative leadership team that plans bi-annual course and workshop enrichment weekends to over 2,000 middle and high school students.
- As chair of community outreach I help ensure that the program is made accessible to students from first-gen/low-income and underrepresented backgrounds by establishing and coordinating partnerships with existing programs and schools around the San Francisco Bay Area that cater to underprivileged communities.
- Regular panelist in student-run outreach workshops discussing and promoting safe environments for LGBTQ identified trainees in labs as well as on sessions investigating the intersection of socioeconomic class and LGBTQ identities.
Frosh Scholars Program
- Participant in in mentoring initiative Stanford to provide awareness, mentorship and support to individuals self-identified as Latino.
- Mentored three Stanford undergraduate freshman majoring in product design and biology. We held monthly meetings during which provided academic advice and actively monitored his transition into Stanford University.
First Gen, Low-Income Mentoring Initiative
- Participant in inaugural initiative at Stanford to provide awareness, mentorship and support to individuals self-identified as first generation college students or from a low-income household.
- Mentored three Stanford undergraduate freshmen pursuing studies in symbolic systems. We held quarterly meetings where I connected my mentees, interested in pursuing graduate research in computational neuroscience, with relevant academic and network resources.